Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 29 - 31 July, page-146

1. 3,432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    It's interesting to see the ongoing enthusiasm and I could almost say "hype" surrounding SRT's acquisition of Intiger.  A lot of people have been excited about it for a long time.

I'm going to go against the grain a bit here.

I would be interested to know how many people here actually use a financial planner?  Everyone that is on STT and HC seem to be a DIY investor.  I.e. one that wouldn't use a broker or financial planner to obtain advice.  Of the mentality that why would I use a so called finance expert when I can do all the research myself and execute online?  Those that believe in DIY most likely think that this is the way of the future, why would they be investing in a technology that primarily aids financial professionals who give advice?

Im also keen to know of those that use a finance professional, how many have actually received Personal advice (as opposed to general advice) that has warranted receiving a Statement of Advice (SOA)?

Also, the big finance instos, such as Macquarie, already have their own systems that help advisers generate SOAs.  The adviser just puts in a few inputs and the system spits out an SOA.  As the big instos already have these systems in place Im assuming that Intigers target market will be limited to the smaller financial practices.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.