CUV 2.88% $15.02 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Have been comparing CUV to cash burning Disc a lot who is much...

1. 765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 970

Have been comparing CUV to cash burning Disc a lot who is much higher valued despite being less advanced and no competitive threat to Clinuvel for many years after their recent trial flunk. Clinuvel of course with a phase 3 running in a blockbuster with an already FDA approved drug that is slated for FDA application for that blockbuster in 2026 so their undervaluation doesn't make sense to me. So comparing CUV to PME is not quite apples/apples but there are not many biotechs who actually continually make solid profits as Clinuvel does so it is a good comparison in that regard - cash is king after all. Going forward, if CUV gets Vitiligo approved as a new indication then I believe it will easily surpass PME profits as per CUV forecasts for Years 1 and 2 in the Vitiligo indication.

So PME is another rare biotech who like CUV has been growing revenues and profits for quite a few years now:

Pro Medicus FY2023 Revenue $125 Million, Profit after tax $60.6Million. Market cap $11.8 Billion. P/E 194
    Clinuvel, FY2023 Revenue $78 Million, Profit after tax $30.6Million . Market cap $0.77 Billion. P/E 25

Pro Medicus certainly has some very happy shareholders because that extra $11.0 Billion in market cap for just $30 Million more profit than CUV is really something to admire. For me personally it just comes down to Vitiligo and likelihood of success there, nothing else is priced in and you get all that other stuff like tanning, Stroke, VP and XP for free.

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.02
Change
0.420(2.88%)
Mkt cap ! $752.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.86 $15.32 $14.69 $1.610M 107.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 32 $15.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.05 150 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.