(Should Read) - The Systemic Collapse of the US Society Has Begun -, page-2

1. 17,959 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @dub thankyou for your wonderfully informative links you publish on a regular basis. Keep going, please, even if you don't get many up votes.

Many moons ago, the U.S. and also South America were my intended immigration countries - I am sure I would have done well in the U.S. but now I am very glad I came to Australia. We seem to have a far better Parliamentary system, inherited from the Brits of course, time-consuming, endless debates, but everyone seems to be included; and as evidenced by the recent crisis, everyone seems to pull together when necessary. We just need to do something about acknowledging our Aboriginal brethren and allow them a say in Parliament in a real way - but that will happen, as I think many Australian would see that now as a 'fair go'.

Somehow the Founders of the U.S. got it all wrong and they seem to be stuck with a system which resembles the ancient Roman system and it seems to produce emperors, privileged citizens with too much undue influence, too many slaves, never mind how badly they behave - but it is a social powder keg, especially when you get a bad man in the conductor's seat . . . . (listening to 'Emperor Sonata' right now),

There might be a chance for Australia and many of its neighbour countries to play a more important role, as China will press its advantage and we will need to form a productive policy and not just do anyone's bidding.

Re clothing and rap culture; this has taken on overseas as well and it will be replaced by something else, but fact is, if you fill your mind with bad images, the chance that someone will act on it, is great. Even Hollywood has contributed to that imagery by portraying the 'violence' of the Old West and continuing that tradition of violence in all of the fantasy series with which they swamp the world. Young people will always 'protest' by way of language, clothing, hair styles, tattoos what have you; I remember Doc martins, Che Guevera beanies

I've got an educated friend, who is a Trump supporter (he normally lives in Europe but is holed up in Australia now due to Corona) and he seems to think that a strong man is needed to deal with the flow of people, migrants, asylum seekers etc. in Europe as well - we have many spirited discussions, but I suspect Covid19 might put everyone on alert and possibly induce better behaviour? At least I am hoping . . .
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.