SMN 2.86% 34.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

As someone who has spent more time working in an office than is...

1. 3,041 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 892

As someone who has spent more time working in an office than is healthy for any human being, here would be the most logical few.

Some people have left and they need to be replaced.

Someone has gone on maternity leave. Someone has decided to go part time. Someone has retired. Someone has been promoted.

There has been a restructure of job descriptions have changed.

As sale increase, so has the proportionate workload for these things.

The workload was always high in this area, and this simply recognises the need for more sustainable arrangements (perhaps the work of RL, seeing as he seems to be turning his focus to improving the company).

Perhaps bringing on two people is marginal, as there are 20 people already working in the area.

Maybe they are building capacity for an expectation of higher future sales.

Perhaps it's about succession planning.

Perhaps its taking more time to repair each product.

I would go to all of those, and more, before I considering less likely options.

'It seems to me on reading this that if, over there in Kelowna, they need two full time workers to cope with the quantity of returns there must be rather a lot of them, and it sounds as if something has NOT gone to plan and it’s not a good look.- Neither for the AEM reputation nor in regards those ever-increasing staff costs.

Possibly this is the reason for the recent sell down? If so some good news from Ross on CVM would be very useful as a way to bring investors back to the ‘heart’ of the company?'

I would hazard a guess, that people hedged their bets thinking that approval was imminent, driving up the price. As the expectation that this will happen quickly has decreased, and doubt has been cast that that wait won't be significant, some people have freed up capital.

Perhaps they plan to buy in later.

Perhaps its a tax sell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $46.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.5¢ 33.0¢ $36.92K 109.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 20496 32.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.0¢ 7299 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
34.5¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
34.0¢ 34.5¢ 33.0¢ 17432
Last updated 15.56pm 05/06/2024 ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.