There are too many ASX companies that list with the notion of...

1. 18,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1196
    There are too many ASX companies that list with the notion of 'proof of concept' on very low revenues & with good 'tales' from the CEO.
    Unfortunately micro caps aren't legally able to give forecasts for revenue / earnings & are only required to detail (& monitor) how the funds raised will be/are used.
    Often that is no more detailed than 'marketing' or 'working capital'.

So personally I steer clear of anything without a proven mngt track record of delivering on what they say in previous quarterlies or reports.
    Nothing worse than a CEO who just lists endless 'opportunities' each quarter & then never revisits them again.

Having actually worked on stock exchange releases I know it's more about what's not said than actually is most of the time.
    If something is omitted from a release, assume it's bad until proven otherwise.

So I look for companies that are not only consistently growing but also either (EBITDA) profitable or will be profitable in the next 12 months.
    For that reason i don't do resources or software companies & also avoid anything to do with retail.

I stick with what I know which is usually financial services. As Buffet says never invest in something ypu don't understand.
    Last edited by Tarvold: 17/01/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.