BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

Financial markets remain uncertain as to the timing and impact...

1. 248 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Financial markets remain uncertain as to the timing and impact of an ... believe that it needs to fall further given substantial declines in dairy prices.

Dairy is hugely important to New Zealand's economy, making up around a third of its annual exports, but NZ Prime Minister John Key told CNBC a "perfect storm" was brewing in the industry.
    Fonterra, the dairy cooperative that is NZ's largest company, on Friday cut its forecast payout to farmers for the 2015-16 season to 3.85 New Zealand dollars per kg of milk solids, the lowest in 10 years. Just a year ago, Fonterra set an all-time record, paying out NZ$8.40 for 2013-14.
    But those record payouts spurred farmers to increase production, now contributing to the primary problem - oversupply - seemingly from all quarters, with global dairy prices at a 13-year low.
    "There's a perfect storm happening in dairy, unfortunately, but nevertheless it is. And it's a little bit unusual in the sense that it's not one specific thing" spurring the production surge, Key said.
    Dairy farm conversions and output have increased in both the U.S. and New Zealand, while European supply is flooding international markets as Russian sanctions bite, he noted.
    "China itself is actually quite a big producer and it's historically had foot-and-mouth (disease) in its industry. This year's been very low levels of that, so its production has been quite high," Key said, adding "you just had a buildup in inventory in China, which is not new. You've probably got a buildup in inventory in a lot of different commodities in China."
    I may seem a doomsayer, but there is a frezy happening and it will burst. I invest in Berkshire and the first lesson is invest in undervalued companies that show growth potential. BELLAMY is in my portfolio as a long term hold, as a trade it is way overvalued. Just be careful.  On a sie have a look at AGO they have turned the corner. I already bought in.
    BERKSHIRE

BAL DAIRY.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.