"You aren't in business are you? They are forced to buy power in...

1. 11,084 Posts.
    "You aren't in business are you? They are forced to buy power in the middle of the day when they need it least at 44 - 66 c/kWH but sell peak [hard to find power] back to the same people at 25 c/kWH."
    I was, and I am, but now from home.
    If they don't need power at the most expensive time of the day, how is it costing them much money, and 25c is a lot better than 6c ?

"This was Beattie/Bligh's doing in Qld. The power companies were simply told what to do. They may not have objected as much as they should have done because they probably underestimated the take-up and how they would be overwhelmed."
    Must be the same for NSW, but I'd have to phone Origin to ask if they were pressured into going along with solar deals.

Our electricity supplier ~4 years ago, Country Energy I think it was called, (now essential Energy, ... and Origin sends out the accounts), and Solar companies told me, it was cheaper to implement solar plan than build a new power plant.

Someone has to get fairdinkum though and allow implementation of a fair, transparent solar system for all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.