SLX 0.00% $5.43 silex systems limited

I feel you are being super critical of MG - yes in the ealry...

1. zog
    2,895 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 849
    I feel you are being super critical of MG - yes in the ealry part of the last decade (when income was coming in from GEH (they paid for SLX support to them up to July 2014) he has been (IMO) pretty disciplined development of the LIS technology. Yes he made a mistake in the period 2011 to 2014 by diversifying into Translucent, Solar systems and datalogic but when push came to shove and GEH withdrew their support for the SLX component of GLE they rapidly reduced their exposure and were effectively out of those "rabbits" by the end of 2015 and then focusing on "survival" by withdrawing support to Lucas Heights for the laser and putting GEH in a "corner" by cajoling them into keeping the test loop going (on a C&M basis), keeping Cameco on board and eventually getting a fantastic deal for GLE. IMO this was largely a game of "bluff" since GEH were desperate to "slim down", could not find buyers but were also in a corner since they did not wish to be seen by the DoE) to bring down GLE - the result is that those of us (like me) that bought in 2016/17 now have a ten bagger!

We all make mistakes some of learn from them and MG (and the SLX board) learnt a lesson and survived and got a fantastic deal from GEH. Cameco's support has been vital and gave SLX sufficient credibility. As grant Isaac said "this projecy has gone from the side of someones desk to front and centre of Cameco's forward strategy.

William maybe you should be more critical of yourself (rather than criticism of MG - who IMO did a great job after an initial mistake which was quickly corrected) in not getting out at the right time and then getting back in at the right time. I note that you are very critical of others - maybe you should look in the mirror!

The place of the CEO on a board is pretty well unanimous - I don't know of any company where the CEO is not a board member - it's necessary for the executive (the CEO represents the executive) to report to the BoD where decision are subject to independent scrutiny - that's the way company's run.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.43
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.285B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1791 $5.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.16 228 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.55am 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.58
  Change
0.000 ( 3.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.59 $5.61 $5.53 11407
Last updated 10.14am 03/05/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.