''I've believed for many years there are some people who should...

1. 80,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''I've believed for many years there are some people who should never be released. ''

whilst it's pretty difficult to argue against that when we see what walks in society ----------- I'd like to see someone like you visit and take a lot of time looking around the justice systems in places like the nordics -

where the recidivism rates are often so much lower ------- I understand that still, there would be some that we should throw the key away for -

but, when the conditions are different - when the culture is different, when society treats their criminals differently - one gets different outcomes

I remember seeing many of the young religious fanatics several years back - after being involved in murders and terror attacks - they had been on the radar because of earlier crimes - and all jail did was to make them worse

I've no idea what to do with them besides treat them like humans and try to undo the brainwashing - but, if one even slightly thinks that the extremism is there - well, IMO, the key should be left on the wall and never to be released

this 16 year old kid in Sydney would be a case that would be one to consider - how far gone is he? one look at the attack shows a serious commitment to hate and delusion -------

what to do? throw away the key - or risk a major attack in 5 years or so?

it's a problem - it's particularly a problem when in jails - we dehumanise people --------- then, let them out and expect them to be 'nice' humans

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.