South Africa no wonder there are so many moving here, page-116

1. 17,934 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    Your critique is justified - I haven't been to those places.

I see enough on the news, in the newspapers, I think it is a legacy we can thank our original 'settlers' for who brought a subject people here as well. Why it hasn't been solved is beyond me. Truly. All I see from our various governments is lip service and a stop-start - or rather start-stop approach in funding and ideas. It does need a lot more conviction and push by our government and ultimately us. Possibly more power to the Police, but definitely more will to solve this problem. It will probably get a lot worse before it gets better.
    All I see our politicians 'do' is hanging on to issues which are the 'easy' stuff , the low-hanging fruit to prove to us, the voters, 'yes' they are doing their job. A few more arguments in parliament; a few more pious words about the bad banks and- hey presto - we managed to hang onto those issues long enough until another parliamentary break comes along.

'They' are not doing their job IMO and we have forgotten our role as the final authority for our politicians' actions, in other words the majority is happy with their lot and their distractions to even give some thought to what the future might hold, thus we ignore a festering sore in our midst.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.