SPR 2.10% 81.8¢ spartan resources limited

Spartan Resources, page-2

1. 18,041 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3746
    I have an announcement!
    I am no longer banished from posting on this forum!
    Whee
    (And to think I voted against that name change! ).​

…And if the post button that has suddenly materialised works, this means I now have opportunity to say thank you to all the great posters here whose educated and objective posts have kept me on track for a long time with this company (since even before I was ditched from the forum for treading too much on an ex-employee’s toes).

So THANK YOU to those of you who well know who you are : ).

And I’ll try to refrain from posting needlessly now my ‘voice’ has been returned but - on the subject of the new name - Spartan Resources - and those gin labels hanging off the necks of all of the Dalgaranga deposits…
    The Spartans were just not into it!
    Gin wasn’t invented yet but according to a Reddit authority [ref]

… “Xenophon, an exiled Athenian who ended up living in Sparta and sending his sons through the Agoge (Spartan military training school) wrote that drunkenness was frowned upon, wine was drunk, but watered down and in limited quantities, and that helots (a slave class in Sparta) were occasionally gotten drunk by old Spartans and made to sing and dance, to show younger Spartans how shameful and embarrassing drunkenness was, as the Spartans were all about self-control …”

So just the tonic?
    ….Which may be on the way ?

— From the day of the EGM at which the name change (along with other matters) was approved:
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/gold-selloff-gives-more-time-for-eagerly-awaited-consolidation

Gold selloff gives more time for eagerly-awaited consolidation
    Predators eyeing likes of Gascoyne, Bellevue could win from dip. DevEx's uranium leverage and new battery for Quebec lithium explorers.
    18TH AUG, 23

BARRY FITZGERALD
    Independent Journalist

There was lots of excitement in the ASX gold space a month ago on the basis that interest rates had turned.
    Gold was meant to be charging off to more than $US2,000/oz and gold equities would respond accordingly.
    It hasn’t happened, not yet anyway. Gold was friendless during the week and was last quoted at $US1,893/oz, down about $US70/oz on its level a month ago.
    Although the fall is relatively modest, and the Aussie price is a fantastic $2,957/oz thanks to the lower Aussie dollar, gold equities have been smashed.
    On the basis gold will bounce higher once there is a pivot to interest rate cuts, and the Aussie dollar remains weak, it stands to reason Aussie gold stocks are better buying than they were a month ago.
    But it is not a buy-the-sector thing until interest rates turn and the US dollar comes off. It is more of a stock picker’s market.

Gascoyne (ASX: GCY) reflects what is going on. It has been swimming against the tide in the past month, rising from 18.5c to Thursday’s close of 28c.
    Volumes in the stock have been particularly strong this week.
    Gascoyne has brought itself back from the brink by making the high-grade Never Never discovery (720,000oz at 5.85g/t) in the shadows of its currently mothballed Dalgaranga mill, which used to just get by on less than 1g/t dirt.
    So Dalgaranga is on its way to coming back as a high grade producer without the cost or risk of having to build a mill.
    That in itself explains the buying by high net worth types attracted by the renaissance story.

But the action this week in the stock suggests there could be corporate activity afoot. Regionally close mill owners Ramelius (ASX: RMS) and Westgold (ASX: WGX) are being mentioned as possible players, as are Gold Road and Regis.

As mentioned here previously, Bridge Street Capital’s Chris Baker reckons Gascoyne has a potential M & A target price of 65-70c…..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
81.8¢
Change
-0.018(2.10%)
Mkt cap ! $916.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
83.0¢ 84.0¢ 81.5¢ $2.360M 2.856M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 205662 81.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
82.0¢ 32214 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.41pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
82.0¢
  Change
-0.018 ( 1.74 %)
Open High Low Volume
83.3¢ 84.0¢ 81.5¢ 485018
Last updated 12.56pm 18/06/2024 ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.