1. 10,589 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6068
    http://www.seek.com.au/job/28376019?pos=1&type=standout

avb open pit manager.JPG

Mine Superintendent
    Avanco Resources Ltd
    - More jobs by this advertiser
    Mine Superintendent
    Avanco Resources is an emerging Copper producer based in Brazil, seeking to appoint a suitably qualified candidate to the role of Mine Superintendent.
    Centrally located in the Brazilian state of Para (~600km south of the capital, Belem), the operation is only ~20 minutes' drive from the state's largest mining town (population ~250,000). The Carajas Mineral Province is the richest mineral province in Brazil and home to a number of World Class Copper and Iron Ore mines, as well as numerous Nickel, Manganese, Gold, and PGM mines/deposits.
    The Company's second Copper project is ~50km to the south, and is currently undergoing resource development. It is envisioned that construction of the second Copper mine will commence within the next 2 years, transitioning the Company to become a mid-tier Copper producer. With a pipeline of potential operations already in place, this is an exciting opportunity to join a successful international team at a pivotal moment in the Company's growth curve, and drive their first mining operation through construction and into production.
    This is an ideal role for an experienced Open Pit Mining Engineer looking for their next challenge, in an exciting frontier country that few foreign companies have experienced. A Manager with an exceptional knowledge and hands-on understanding of Open Pit mining is sought. Initially reporting to the Board (Director – Operations) and ultimately to the Mine General Manager, responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
    Lead the Mining Department and join the management team
    Mentor and develop mine personnel in maintaining industry "best practice" open pit management
    Develop and implement pit development and operation
    Develop and implement the mine/pit/haul road layout
    Selection and management of the Mining Contractor
    Monitor/maintain Mining Contractor performance in pit, including drill and blast
    Manage operational design, evaluation, and scheduling of all open pit work
    Maximise mine profitability through effectively pit management
    Review the mine technical and financial performance
    Responsibility for all aspects of planning, scheduling, production associated with fleet management
    Ensure safe procedures are maintained in all areas of the mine
    Co-responsibilities with regard to all activates related to Health, Safety and Environmental management
    Co-responsibilities with regard to State and Federal Government Compliance, relationship management, and interaction with key stakeholders
    Qualifications & Experience
    Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering
    A minimum of 15 years operational experience, ideally with experience in small hard rock open pit operations
    Computer literate in Microsoft (MS) Office products, and at least one mainstream Mining Software package
    Unrestricted Quarry Managers certification
    Current First Aid Qualification
    Mine Workers Heath Surveillance Certificate
    National Police Clearance Certificate
    Current Australian Drivers Licence
    Portuguese or Spanish language skills will be considered favourably
    International experience will be considered favourably
    This position will be offered FIFO or Residential in Brazil, initially on a 2 year contract
    Please direct your CV and covering letter via email to: [email protected]
    Closing date: Friday, 24 April 2015

Avanco Resources Ltd. (ASX: AVB) is an equal opportunity employer
    For further information see www.avancoresources.com

-
    Apply for this job

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.