Once you have a concept of god in your minds eye you can be...

1. 6,495 Posts.
    Once you have a concept of god in your minds eye you can be assured that you have lost the plot. Be it all loving, benevolent god or god of indifference to child suffering. The atheist non-god is no less real than the fundamentalist so-called real god. One still has to conceive something to reject it.

Every aspect of god is conceived and manufactured by the mind.

All organisms are subject to the onslaught of pathogens and disease. The body is subject to imbalance and imbalance creates opportunities for disease and abnormal cell growth.

It would have made more sense to me if he just ignored the question because he dragged it back into a childish rant. If god made us and loves us why did hurt little Johnny, blah, blah, blah. What do people expect of life? To live inside some kind of Disney production. Life is meat and gristle and certain death. Be it still born, when one is still a child or as a centenarian. It can end in screaming agony or quietly in ones sleep. Who or what is to blame? It's a process, no more.

All we can do is bring science to bear in the hope of a cure so that one can still die but in old age, or produce a painless, comfortable death. Stephen Fry's argument would have disappointed me if it had come from one of my grandchildren, let alone a worldly, well educated adult.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.