Stephen Fry and God', page-63

1. 27,189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I feel sorry for people who focus on their own salvation based on 2000 odd year writings that are so confusing that they have spawned thousands upon thousands of denominations and cults with conflicting messages and interpretations.
    • So we have a multitude of rules that have salvation for a select few to salvation for practically everybody.
    • We have rules that range in requirements from salvation from faith alone to the requirements for "works".
    • We have a God made up of a trinity to one that isn't, and we have Jesus who is a God (or god) but not part of the trinity (polytheism?).

And we have an Irish Christian leader pointing fingers at Stephen Fry for being spiritually blind. The leader puts his trust in a salvation that is so full of contradictions that it has created such a bewildering diversity of beliefs that it is impossible in, my opinion, to conclude which ones, if any, have correct versions of biblically based religions.

When people become so focused on a future salvation with such a shaky basis but can't see that Stephen Fry has a point about suffering innocent people with no intervention from a loving God then I wonder who is really spiritually blind.

Given the recent religious hatred in Ireland maybe this religious leader should consider the necessity of helping clean up his own back yard before trying to clean up Stephen Fry's yard.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.