Steven Ciobo ...on ABC this am

1. 28,559 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Nothing wrong with charging taxpayers for attending the footy.  He has done so several times, he said proudly.  Apparently, he thinks this is within the rules and very acceptable.  He also has had other slips of the tongue:

"Appearing on the ABC's Lateline program on 7 June 2013, Ciobo suggested that Nick Champion, a Government backbencher, would be interested in slitting Julia Gillard's throat.[49] The comments were widely reported and attracted criticism that Ciobo was promoting violence against women."

What a dumb man!!!  So, he continues to promote the viewpoint among voters that politicians can attend sporting and social functions at taxpayer expense.

Here is what he is reported to have said:
    "In an opinion piece he wrote for ABC's The Drum in June 2011, Ciobo declared he was a libertarian who would "attempt to persuasively argue the need for less regulation."[50] In the article he said that "like the Tassie Tiger, personal responsibility has died out"[50] and that "increasingly, I find myself thinking it is not this new law that is required, rather, it is a good dose of 'toughen up and stop blaming others for your bad decision'."[50]"

Libertarian - hmmm.
    ".......somebody who believes in the principle that people should have complete freedom of thought and action.."

I think it is very convenient to hold this point of view if you were in his position.  Seems there are a lot of libertarians among our politicians.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.