GW1 3.23% 6.0¢ greenwing resources ltd

Thanks for your response, i am no expert on ASX exchange rules,...

1. 2,426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    Thanks for your response, i am no expert on ASX exchange rules, so if anyone is familiar with the rules please correct me if i am wrong, but my basic understanding is that when companies receive a "price query" from ASX, they are pretty much REQUIRED TO halt their stock, otherwise ASX will FORCE THE HALT themselves, IN CASE THE COMPANY HAS AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE (which was the case of Bass, the annoucnement to make was the capital raise announcement). In other words, if the company has an announcement to make and they cant make it immediately they are LEGALLY REQUIRED to halt their stock, its not a choice, its a legal requirement.

To illustrate my point with a real exmaple, see the following :

when the ASX monitor an abrupt and strong change in the stock price / volume without a release of an official news release from the company in question, they send a "price query" to the company that reads like the following (a real example i randomly found from a company named Azonto Petrolum Limited") :

"We note a change in the price of the Entity’s securities from a close of $0.009 on Friday 1 April 2016 to an intraday high of $0.014 at the time of writing today, Wednesday 6 April 2016, an increase of 55%. We also note an increase in the trading volume of the Entity’s securities to a level that significantly above the average trading volume on days when the Entity’s securities are traded.

In light of the price and volume increase, ASX asks you to respond separately to each of the following questions.

1. Is the Entity aware of any information concerning it that has not been announced to the market
    which, if known by some in the market, could explain the recent trading in its securities?

2. If the answer to question 1 is “yes”:

(a) Is the Entity relying on Listing Rule 3.1A not to announce that information under Listing
    Rule 3.1?

Please note that the recent trading in the Entity’s securities would suggest to ASX that such
    information may have ceased to be confidential and therefore the Entity may no longer be
    able to rely on Listing Rule 3.1A. Accordingly, if the answer to this question is “yes”, you
    need to contact us immediately to discuss the situation.

(b) Can an announcement be made immediately?

Please note, if the answer to this question is “no”, you need to contact us immediately to discuss requesting a trading halt (see below).

(c) If an announcement cannot be made immediately, why not and when is it expected that an announcement will be made?

This request is made under, and in accordance with, Listing Rule 18.7. Your response is required as soon as reasonably possible and, in any event, by not later than 12:30pm WST today, Wednesday 6 April 2016.

If we do not have your response by then, ASX will have no choice but to consider suspending trading in the Entity’s securities under Listing Rule 17.3.

You should note that if the information requested by this letter is information required to be given to ASX under Listing Rule 3.1 and it does not fall within the exceptions mentioned in Listing Rule 3.1A, the Entity’s obligation is to disclose the information “immediately”. This may require the information to be disclosed before the deadline set out in the previous paragraph.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
-0.002(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $10.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.2¢ 6.2¢ 6.0¢ $7.572K 124.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 630 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.38am 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.