STT Weekend Lounge 19-21st Dec, page-2

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    Ibza,
    In answer to your post from the weekly thread ... Ibza  I will kill the entry for you on BCI

Marty386,
    Your comment/question  from weekly thread was..
    "...Just a thought, would it be a good time to trade mini's (short and long) around the time that stocks go ex div? Generally the price retraces on the ex div day, or is this somehow factored into the price.
    I guess buying the afternoon before ex div is the right tactic ..."

The shareprice does factor in the Div payment .. so not a valid strategy ... You could perhaps attempt trade the expectation of a Divi but this would take more than a day ... Personally I don't care about divi dates as I'm out at end of day and back in the next morning and the Divi payment is already factored into price

Revilotwo comment from the weekly thread was ...

"...minis are hard to get rid of according to the herald sun man. Interest rates eradicate any gains and hard to exit..."

My answer to this is the mini's are no harder to get rid of than normal shares ... Today I bought and sold 4 warrants  (8 trades )only on 2 of those trades did I have to amend my order to get a fill as price on head stock moved away  and the fill happened seconds after I amended it

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.