Not often ... in my experience most directors are more tuned...

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    Not often ... in my experience most directors are more tuned into running a company that the vagaries of timing the market entry for their own benefit... I often think they have completely no idea from what I see. Occasionally some of the more savvy directors will take advantage of a unexplained market collapse (ie CTP recently) to buy into their own stock and can make money that way but by an large the most profit is made by insider knowledge of upcoming major events... I would pretty much ignore all small individual isolated purchases by directors... I once spoke to a director that suggested that the occasional small purchase was a good thing to do as it shows the shareholders your +ive about the company and doesn't cost much ...I also ignore large purchases or changes in holding required by Law, dilution or company acquisitions etc etc ... No I think what you should look for is directors are taking large parcels voluntarily ... by large I'd say $50k + or a series of small voluntary buys which add up to 50k+

Just my opinion ...based in what I've seen... others may have a different view.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.