I haven't taken a placement etc via a broker/ advisory for...

1. 10,900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 896
    I haven't taken a placement etc via a broker/ advisory for around two years now...never felt the need and totally disillusioned with it all.
    The clipping of 6%, with basically no responsibility afterwards, coupled with the ( not so) sophisticated investors means most raises are a flop ( imo).
    There are exceptions but, if I like a stock enough I'll time my OM buying around a raise, or, jump on and apply for what I want.
    I've found most of them are simply " meat grinders" and you get but a few hours to make the decision. I'm surprised by the number of players who simply take placements because they are lazy with research etc.
    My inbox overflows with emails from various " houses" .... mostly junk, I simply read the headline to see who's doing what. I ask to be removed from the list, to no avail, and, when an advisor moves on to form his own show, he simply thrives the mailing list, so you get bombarded with mail from a new, unknown advisory!!
    The amount of capital being raised currently is staggering, with, I'm sure, little of it going to investments that are productive. That's a lot of dumb money going past the advisory door, with each ticket getting clipped. Couple this with the lack of financial expertise of most company directors and you get quite a trough to feed from
    One of the ugly sides of the market

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.