I believe that Trump is looking at downgrading Hong Kong's...

1. 10,404 Posts.
    I believe that Trump is looking at downgrading Hong Kong's importance as a financial hub with the spill over going to Singapore. Any financial institution in HK must have seen the writing on the wall and if they have failed to act they will be left out. There are 84,000 US citizens working in HK. Now with the Chinese secret service and intelligence agencies allowed to move in there is every reason to get out of dodge. I find it impossible to believe that manipulation and interference won't happen in the business of HK.

Bluntly the CCP is totally dishonest and completely ruthless.

The likelihood of reinstatement of economic sanctions therefore would seem the logical next step for the US using HK as an excuse to weaken the Chinese economy further. Although the CCP has approved a $400 billion stimulus program the damage that sanctions would do to the economy would force the government to massive domestic spending as global demand for imported goods slows dramatically. The US has a FED onside and obliged to support the US so the cost of sanctions can be offset in some part by direct FED intervention in supporting US asset prices thus underwriting the ensuing job loses.

And anyway it's election year.

I wonder just how much of a dove is Biden. The Chinese are rooting for him, that's how much.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.