@Joannie - I am getting very confused - this is the general...

1. 17,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @Joannie - I am getting very confused - this is the general music thread, except posters will post their own 'taste' and then the thread miraculously gets a new heading but it is still under 'music' - and when @Sweetsound, or @yotta (and sometimes me/moi/myself) post again, it might get a more classical feel, or 'different' feel - but there is a general music thread for the more popular-type of music, which attracts more posters.
    I thought, that, initially, @Sweetsound had some proprietary 'rights' over it, as he posts a lot and more 'out-there' music on it, which was different, and definitely not run-of-the-mill music - but everyone seems welcome on here - also '@yotta' posts some fairly unusual music now and then -
    However;
    I have a musical story to tell
    Y e s t e r d a y - I finally had a visit from my piano tuner, who was supposed to come the week before, but called in 'sick' - no, not Covid, just a cold - but we had a conversation on the phone lasting 1 3/4 hrs!
    so, finally, he arrives Wednesday morning - American, ex navy man who fell in love with Aussie girl, stayed, married her and now has a delightful mix of accents, 2 children but is divorced, but all good, everyone is talking - and he talks . . . .
    brought his dog along, who immediately sniffed out my cat - great chase across my big backyard, cat won, dog got slapped on the nose by cat.
    So then long introduction, for which I made coffee and had bought cheese cake - after 1 hr he looks at the piano and literally takes it to pieces.
    Found all sorts of things wrong, had to file 'fastenings' back to get rid of one 'ringing' sound - re-adjusted almost everything - kept playing, it, talking to me - and - finally by about 3 3/4 hrs it was all done. He will be back in a fortnight to give it another pitch check (I wanted true pitch).

In between I cooked him lunch, too -

I literally fell into bed Wednesday night, was still tired all of Thursday - I am beginning to feel normal only today. The man is wonderful but just talked and talked and was intense about his trade - did a good job, but by Golly - my older guy took 1 1/2 hrs, was silent, no comment, told me he couldn't tune my piano up to true pitch unless he replaced all the strings and returned half-yearly to re-tune etc. - this guy said it's nonsense, I have a great piano, in good nick etc.

So every morning now I am playing scales, my old piano music, make sure that every note gets a work-out and wish I could play boogy-woogy . . . or Moe-town or even stuff like this, but will learn - I am sure there is a piano score for this:

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.