APX 1.61% 61.0¢ appen limited

Sadly, what goes down does not always come back up. That's a...

1. 455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    Sadly, what goes down does not always come back up. That's a lesson I learnt long ago in my investing career, specifically in a company called ABC Learning that went into liquidation!
    I bought into Appen quite early on and added to my position as the company strengthened its market offering after acquiring Figure 8. One of the early warning signs that the future was possibly not so bright was when the founder and former Chairman sold down a major stake in the company, at around $30. By the time he left the board - the company's business model was beginning to look very shaky. I expected the CEO to be moved on after downgrades became regular, but strangely that didn't eventuate.
    Alarm bells were present for me when the company entertained private equity interest despite the market value of the company being seemingly very low at the time. This was when I took a moderate loss on my holding in the stock, I had lost confidence in management.
    I don't believe the company has been transparent enough about the challenges they have faced, initially explaining them as temporary when in fact they are structural.
    Hopefully for shareholders the company recovers a growth trajectory soon, possibly through the relationships it has developed with its China customers.
    However, take nothing for granted as a shareholder, always reassess your investment because the business world is very competitive, particulary with so many multinational corporations scouring the globe for opportunities.
    Stay vigilant and good luck with your holding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $135.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
62.5¢ 64.0¢ 61.0¢ $1.425M 2.274M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 150227 61.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.0¢ 2040 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
61.5¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 1.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
61.5¢ 64.0¢ 61.5¢ 783194
Last updated 15.57pm 02/05/2024 ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.