AVR 0.99% $21.50 anteris technologies ltd

The incumbent medtechs certainly have a role, but so do major...

1. 285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    The incumbent medtechs certainly have a role, but so do major shareholders - if the pricing isn't right the incumbents can desire taking us off the board as much as they like and they still won't get anything. They have to come up with an offer that matches the value of the asset we have. That's the big unknown ...is someone willing to pay what DurAVR is worth? (and with the step change clinical results we are getting it is worth a LOT, we will capture more than half the market and in pretty quick time). How does the M&A case stack up for them? The problem they have, especially if it gets to an auction (which seems likely, whether public or private), is that the more the price keeps going up it only confirms all the more we are going to dominate the market. We are de-risked, all that will be occurring through that process is our MC catching up with our true value. Which then says, "why do we need them at all?" As Wayne said in the interview, we're not miles away nor billions of dollars from getting to market ourselves. If an Edwards is worth say $50bn today, and we are going to take a majority of their market share over a few years, are they really going to be able to convince their shareholders to be willing to sign a cheque for a figure reflecting that? I dunno. It's existential for them, so maybe? And that's before allowing for V2V and mitral too. If it's a new entrant, the M&A numbers will make sense a lot easier (no cannibalisation of existing value, it's all accretive). There's some game theory to play out, will be fascinating to watch, whatever happens. The most important thing is that we shareholders understand the value of the asset we have. This is massively de-risked now, we've all borne that risk (and it has been a bumpy ride), so if an incumbent wants us they need to pay accordingly. With a huge market measured in the $billions per annum, a clear market share leader position now firmly in view with DurAVR leaving the competition dead (and London will cement that further), a pretty straightforward rollout (eg our advisory board covers something like 25% of the market all by themselves)... it's got to be a huge number before I'd choose to part ways with my shares...the major shareholders will decide this though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.50
Change
0.210(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $413.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.50 $21.50 $21.00 $247.6K 11.68K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100 $21.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.50 244 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$21.21
  Change
0.210 ( 0.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
$21.19 $21.21 $21.19 143
Last updated 14.24pm 06/05/2024 ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.