Counter-terrorism expert and Muslim Anne Aly becomes target of...

1. 23,044 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Counter-terrorism expert and Muslim Anne Aly becomes target of hate mail

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-20/counter-terrorism-expert-becomes-target-of-hate-mail/5757850

When you read the article you will see that the hate mail doesnt come from Muslims , because they support her strong stance against ISIS, but from rabid nutters that dont believe she is against ISIS.

You see that group having a daily rant here in HC land.

"A Perth academic says she has become the target of hate mail after speaking out against the radicalisation of Islam.
    Anne Aly, a counter-terrorism expert at Curtin University and a Muslim herself, has been an outspoken critic of Muslim extremism and Islamic State (IS).
    Her comments condemning beheadings and IS have been widely reported and Dr Aly said she has received a series of threatening messages as a result.
    "I've been the subject of some hate mail and some veiled threats, and they've not come from the Muslim community at all," she said.
    "In fact I've had very strong support from the Muslim community about speaking out.
    The threats that I've had have come from anti-Islamic groups who think that I'm lying, who think that beheadings are in fact Islamic, and who oppose the fact that I speak out against the Islamic State and the barbarism that's going on in the Middle East."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.