Something missing in this discussion is that ICE cars, if you...

1. 14,183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Something missing in this discussion is that ICE cars, if you avoid Jeep, Rover and some other obvious lemons and buy rice burners, are excellent! quality so that Joe Sixpack, who isn't trying to keep up with the Joneses, is under no pressure to trade in his wheels at 3 years.

Disclaimer: My Camry is a brilliant car but I'm not trying to sell you one. It is 13 years old and it has been cheep as chips to own. One US$300 Tesla door handle is more than I have spent on mine. Because it is a hybrid with no starter the original 12V battery lasted 12 years. When I go shopping it is only the lights that differentiate mine from a new model externally.

With no pressure for owners to "upgrade" the manufacturers had to find a way to make your perfectly good car obsolete so I believe that the domestic manufacturers in America and Europe were cheer-leaders for EVs, they saw $ signs.

That it has turned and bitten them on the bum is poetic justice. The bastards deserve to be bleeding on the balance sheet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.