XSO 0.12% 2,976.3 s&p/asx small ordinaries

there is a "time for everything under the sun"my blue chips JBH...

1. cha
    5,771 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 608
    there is a "time for everything under the sun"
    my blue chips JBH WBC etc all rerating on this run with the spx darvis break
    I posted on them all at their absolute hammer lows and also posted on the only decent volume i saw come in last year which was the spx so no surprises with where we sit. it is slow growth but it is growth. gold or the spx. only one winner at a time and here and now volume has come into the spx
    also no surprises as Fed rate rise cycle ending this yyear. Market flowed from the market into rates and now flowing back into quality divvie paying blue chips
    woodside at $20 was a buy and just had to hold them for that $40 100% gain. woodside holding that 50% level at $30 here. oil reclaimed $80 level so not giving up on gold and oil here and now either
    I expect wbc to hit my target a much more modest $30 in a good market so patience is as patience does
    someone wise once said they make their coin on the recovery and not waiting for the next big thing and the break up
    if you review your own trading statistics you can see how often resistance holds on each level and the slim odds of it breaking through each time. it happens but then it backtests so as a trader you can sell at resistance and buy if it breaks through on the retrace if you have the strength to face more risk
    and the correlation is the number of times support holds on the hammer. a lot easier and safer to identify buy and hold when that level holds

so am i buying more jbh and wbc here? well no. the odds favour now looking at the next step in this cycle and let the market do the work for me

I have posted my views on sequencing before which i find fascinating but not interested in a rinse and repeat of my views
    I am more interested in listening to anyone elses views on where to from here
    I will say i used to get so frustrated with the spx green and the asx commodity driven stocks struggling until i realised where the fault lay ie me myself and I
    not helpful but I will either flog off my consumer stocks in due course or just keep them for the divvies and not worry about growth which will now come from other areas again
    for the mums and dads like me patience is about our only saving grace in the market

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.