XSO 0.12% 2,976.3 s&p/asx small ordinaries

funny that goldies now seeing some volumeafter the move up in...

1. cha
    5,771 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 608
    funny that goldies now seeing some volume
    after the move up in gold
    is it a sign the smarties are moving in knowing gold to break up or are they the late comers who crash and burn

hard to say. gold has hit the obvious level of 2200. a fair target based on $US under pressure during rate cut year

the questions i ask myself will gold hold here for a start
    if it holds then target 1 is next

i remember trying to time my exit from pure gold when it ran from $400 to $900. i mistimed every time. it would spike to $1000 and then fall to $800
    the lesson i learnt is i cant pick it other than if i decide to sell then pick a level and stick to it and have some confidence in it
    then it doubled to $1990 very quickly. i still had 2 parcels. of course had to sell them on the way down. $1620 did not hold
    but lesson learned and i much prefer the journey with the good goldies. more solid and the moves are slower and can follow volume

anyway mainly wanted to say happy day with some volume into goldies at last

nst at that old $14 level. will it get through here and lead the way? or backtest yet again

silver is even tougher. every spike above $25 over the years has been massive and shortlived
    only silver stock is now adt which already had its easy run from sub $1 (called at the time)

that is what i am finding as i get older. i start to see buffets dislike of gold stocks and instead blue chip consumer stocks
    the move up on jbh from its hammer down to $36 and then $60 plus gives capital growth and divvies instead of having to read macros of gold and silver

perhaps i am slowing down as i age

gold does like to double
    the hammer down to $1200 gives an obvious target for the next leg up (if it happens but will see)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.