XSO 0.53% 2,992.1 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Hi Davethe commodity market is really hardI remember lots of...

1. cha
    5,771 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 608
    Hi Dave
    the commodity market is really hard
    I remember lots of examples of megaphone patterns playing out in commods especially gold
    The uranium chart spiked in 2007 and then again now. that is a long time between drinks. 17 years
    as you know i used to get frustrated with little boe ranging from 3.9c to 5c!
    in reality all that was needed was patience. the writing was on the wall for the future of uranium

gold is even harder. we had the 2020 spike and it ran and ran and the stocks ran as well.
    but there were a lot of people burnt on the backdraft from 2020 to now so i understand the hesitation
    even Warren buffett hates gold

I also saw rsg double 5 times from 20c to 40c on the last run before it took off to $2.
    then of course we had the fall
    so need to be nimble on gold

the good thing is i picked the run up from 2016 and its end in 2020 and also my 15 year cup and handle pattern is playing out nicely here. it took 4 to 5 years for the handle to spike but it is finally happening
    time was always my query. 10 years for the cup. five years for the handle.
    I like symetry and perfection and the long term charts seem to work well
    not textbook but solid

as i said the other week i am interested in targets of others now

i expect more and more to get loaded up in gold the longer it runs
    which is why a lot fail with commodities
    i cant pick it and i was lucky in 2020

i was very eager in 2020 to now to be satisfied the commodity super cycle remains in place beyong the period 2000 to 2020
    i have posted ad nauseum on that process at the time

i see demand for copper as remaining constant for the indefinite future. it may wax and wane but who cares. uranium is similar although there are some question marks just here
    as you said last week hch looks ready to run here. it already is. it remains a spec with no cashflow so in the hands of the bigger fish as to when.
    but it is like boe at 4c and rms at 4c years ago. a well educated pick

do the sums on the gains over time from those levels
    cmm is well over $5 here. again that was a 10c stock
    so was nst

so be alert be nimble but dont shoot yourself in the foot second guessing a top
    work out a plan
    i expect you are and you have

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.