KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

Yes one ponders just how 32 million shares are covered as shorts...

1. 147 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    Yes one ponders just how 32 million shares are covered as shorts when there has been no major movement in the large shareholder registration, normally a prime broker such as UBS appears and a large shareholder transfers their stock.

Where do you get 32 million shares to borrow from when most are sponsored in chess.

Perhaps the shorts are covered by longs from the same investor/s, in other words they are pretty much square as a hedge.

Direct Market Access (DMA) offered by multiple brokers could very well be at play here - you could have two screens in the same office and they merely roll down the stock both long and short through two different market participants who are non the wiser. The trading to me suggests someone is on either side, getting priority in the screen at the front of the bid and sell side looks to be the game being played. 

Market surveillance (ASIC) should check the Participants offering DMA trading on KDR and others by the way which seem to have similar issues.

All just my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.