the corby's folly

1. 11,491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1131
    Well news in Indonesia tonight suggests the Indonesian Justice Minister was extremely pissed off after watching the Channel Seven documentary and announced "I would like to announce there's a possibility I will revoke Corby's parole."
    With a family like that who needs enemies.The sister and brother-in-law couldn't help themselves,after being told that Schapelle was forbidden to do an interview they went and did a fluff interview with footage of Schapelle and Mercedes doing the talking. The big sister then shoots herself (and Schapelle) in both feet with both barrels by saying the hydro in the infamous boogie board bag "could have been from Indonesia" which is about as likely as the tooth fairy and has angered some sections of the Indonesian parliament.It is an election year here this year and the Corby's have provided ammunition for those wanting to appeal to nationalist sentiments about the current president and government giving "special"treatment to a foreigner convicted of a drug crime.Not only have they done Ms Corby a disservice which might see her back in Kerobokan prison (or if they are really pissed off see Schapelle transferred to a jail in Java)but it will make it much harder for other Australians hoping for clemency or leniency in the Indonesian justice system.There will be no more remissions for Schapelle either if she is sent back to prison. I hope whatever remuneration they managed to wangle for the story is worth it.Perhaps the Indonesian immigration department might even go so far as to deport Mercedes back to Australia(which they can do to anyone simply by saying that one fails the "good character" test).
    After living here for 14 years I and many other foreigners find it is best to do what you do quietly,avoid offending anyone,be polite(and bite your tongue when necessary[often]) and try to fly under the radar as best you can.
    It seems the Corby's and Willesee thought they were above all that and could do whatever they wanted to.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.