Sounds interesting, might do some reading myself. Tbh though I'm...

1. 1,475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 867
    Sounds interesting, might do some reading myself. Tbh though I'm not onboard with the idea of trying to turn extracted brine into usable water - its a bigger, more complex project than the lithium extraction and has very little product value in comparison. You then also create the issue of what to do with the waste salt. The coy is having enough trouble progressing the current project scope in a timely manner, really don't want to broaden the scope.

What I think is more important is the way things are communicated with local communities. There is currently too much confusion around water use / rights; conflating that which relates to brine extraction and reinjection (MASSIVE volumes), and that which relates to surface water used in processing (less than the local golf course). I haven't looked deeply into the hydrology of the region but given the depth and pressure of the brine, I do not expect connection with nearer surface groundwater systems that are utilised for potable water production. Town water supplies are not under threat from this project, but convincing people of that takes a very skilled communicator (not Bruce).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.