GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi timber You are underestimating me [and possibly also...

1. 7,425 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2029
    Hi timber

You are underestimating me [and possibly also denigrating me].

Darwin is a worthy example of applying the scientific method to observation. But dragging in his theory of evolution into the conversation is a complete non sequitur.

We are seeing two things happening [among so many others concurrently] which are connected. The $US is rising very rapidly ..... against, seemingly, all fundamental reasons for doing so .... and gold seems to be behaving inversely [which on your estimation it should probably not be doing since you are convinced the two have no real relationship with each other].

I agree with some analysis, which I have read, that the $US is now rising because money is being repatriated out of emerging markets. QE created a carry trade and that is now unwinding in a BIG way. The $US is [according to the research I have read] going to keep rising and it has a long way to go yet.

There are all sorts of actions by major players happening and it is opening up very unusual opportunities for some people [those with access to large funds]. Gold is apparently highly vulnerable in this particular mix and it does look like it is being aggressively shorted.

Japan is gambling with its entire economy ... [I mean WOW] ... pumping gobs of extra cash into the system via their pension fund is definitely a no-turning-back policy. They are monetizing 100% of government debt and debasing the Yen. As I stated in an earlier post ... this is classic early stage hyperinflation. The BoJ must think they can avoid that scenario.

The US has printed an insane amount of money. That money has so far been relatively quarantined from internal circulation in the US. But now, it is likely to start filtering into the domestic market and it is going to be overpriced money ... a problem.

Russia is having significant inflation problems, who knows what is happening in China and the OPEC countries are in a morass of confusion and war.

Meanwhile .... gold is going down.

If you want to have a discussion about evolution there is the Philosophy and Religion thread for that ... happy to meet you over there. On this thread it is about gold et al.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.