GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Timber, just sticking with the USD. Its certainly not worth...

1. 4,485 Posts.
    Timber, just sticking with the USD. Its certainly not worth anywhere near what it used to be & loses purchasing power year on year. But apparently there is no inflation! Remember when a millionaire was a big thing! I do & I'm only in my mid 40s!
    A million or a billion bucks even, just ain't what it used to be & the massive acceleration in that change can be put down to the Fed.

Only 10 or so years ago, Ted Turner put forward a proposal to buy the Amazon rain forest for $50Bln bucks & lock it up for environmental reasons. The idea was seemed a little hair brained at the time (I actually think it was very good idea in terms of the planet etc.)
    However no one questioned that $50Bln would be about right. Can you imagine that. Bill Gates could buy the Amazon if purchasing power was anywhere near what it was.
    Now you can build one gas plant of the coast of WA for the same money.
    Enron a $5Bln bankruptcy, the biggest ever at the time, it was a shock & awe number. Now its a medium sized fine against a bank for dabbling in shonky practice.

So yes Fiat currencies aren't worth much these days, yet gold is worth quadruple in the same time we have seen that massive acceleration of monetary supply. Same for oil even after both have had large sell offs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.