GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Is there some POG published against a 'basket' of currencies. It...

1. 5,352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 571
    Is there some POG published against a 'basket' of currencies. It seems to me if the USD advances 20% and the POG falls 20%... there is no loss. I only see the world craving USD above all else at the expense of all - including POG.

What will happen when the world sees that their only saviour, USD, cannot handle any rise in interest rates and can never be printed enough to cover the 200 Trillion of US debt to be paid. What will happen when the USD is the winner of all the FIAT, but when all know it is really FIAT. Will GOLD be back in favour. It does not have to be. It may be real estate and oil and farmland and food. But if GOLD becomes back in favour as a contra to FIAT and is expressed in USD and USD is the grand, only standing, FIAT... then a gold holder in AUD is a great winner.

But I have been preaching too long and seen no result to expect any logical conclusion. In 20 years, there can be 100 mill US on food stamps. In Australia there can be NO NEW HOME OWNERS in the past 20 years. In the US all can be burger flippers and bank employees and hotel maids... and entire country of money shufflers and those who server them (eat their scraps) and the rest that eat the scraps of the scrap eaters.

And the entire world will think it is NORMAL. They will think poverty and no chance and debt at birth is normal. And they will hope their football team does well and they find a woman with nice boobs. That will be the extent of their lives. There will be some elite existing... they will be so elite they will become more and more illusionary. Like the mob that meet at that Grove in California.

That can be the world. Or we will have a crazy, painful reset. Lose, lose. But I choose the 2nd lose... the reset so regeneration can happen and the bums are kicked out. But I fear any chance we had for reset is slowly going. And the world will endure the PONZI that is too big to fail. Imagine that. All will know it is all a PONZI con. But all will be to scared or weak or dumb to protest. So the status quo... the slow death will just continue for decades.

What does POG matter when measured against the PONZI winner? Can one say there are only two currencies to hold USD or GOLD? With USD being the safe bet. And GOLD being he moral, gamblers bet.
    Last edited by danhoff: 01/10/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.