GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Yes you're right, when China does well the rest of the world...

1. 32,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1365
    Yes you're right, when China does well the rest of the world does well, but there's plenty of problems there, not the least of which is the political one, the communist party, an anachronism. It could fall in a flash. Pollution and ethnic unrest are big problems for China as well, and they may be an industrial powerhouse producing cheap junk and cars that are mass produced in factories owned by Toyota and Audi, but the chinese are incapable of producing sophisticated equipment like aircraft.

I bought an EFGC flail mower a few years ago for my tractor. Big mistake, it fell to bits after 40 hours and there's been a recent scandal with asbestos in a chinese Great Wall ute.

Next time you see an agricultural contractor he's more likely to be driving a John Deere, New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Renault, Valtra or Fendt, not a Dongfeng, Changfa or BOMR. (unfortunate name).

The yuan will not be the reserve currency anytime sooon, the USD is poised for more gains and you know what that means.

Meantime the HUI, GDX and GDXJ are all down (again), over 10 years the HUI is 190% down on Gold, something's gonna give.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.