AMA 2.50% 3.9¢ ama group limited

The collision repair industry does not appear to have much spare...

1. 111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    The collision repair industry does not appear to have much spare capacity. AMA fixes 50% of Suncorp's cars, so I don't think Suncorp can shift that volume to others without massive delays and disruptions that would cause them to lose insurance customers. If AMA is barely making any money on that volume, and let's say they lose half of it because of the lawsuit, the other half likely stays with them (because there's no where else to go) on a line-by-line pricing basis which would mean the profits gained on the retained half would far offset the meager profits lost on the half of that barely profitable volume they would lose. That's obviously very theoretical on my part, so feel free to shoot holes if you disagree with those assumptions.

Yes, I accidentally cut and paste from an American law, but the Australian law is substantially similar in those matters.

And yes, Suncorp provided some help to AMA, but AMA only needed help because Suncorp took $400 mil. from AMA, and then somehow got out of the contract that $400 mil. paid for, putting AMA into a guaranteed loss position for more than 3 years in a row. It's like stealing someone's wallet, and then giving them back $5 from it when they are about to die from thirst and claiming to have supported that person with fair and reasonable behavior.

Suncorp has not been a partner to AMA, it's been a malignant parasite. AMA needs to fight back.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
-0.001(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $72.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.0¢ 3.9¢ $53.48K 1.364M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 76013 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 249675 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.28am 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.9¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 2.26 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.9¢ 3.9¢ 3.9¢ 86000
Last updated 10.26am 18/06/2024 ?
AMA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.