ZINC 0.08% $2,575.9 zinc futures

I do tend to agree with you, Strauss. Those specs like OVR (I...

1. 5,527 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    I do tend to agree with you, Strauss. Those specs like OVR (I don't hold) will probably fly further but at the end of the day, that's just gambling - I decent gamble no doubt, yet still a gamble.

If you are looking for an actual zinc producer that is turning in money today, see CSD.

There is confusion due to its share issue (which is coming). It will have 890 million shares and be mainly owned by a majority Chinese holder, although his shares are in escrow for two years. (The Chinese investor is an arts enthusiast and property developer and is not looking to take literal control.) There is also a convertible note at 10 cents per share for $16.5 mil. I'm not sure of the expiration date, but it's only a year since approval.

Anyway, the next quarterly should show positive cashflows and a re-rate won't be far off. CSD is still treated as a spec even though it is a mid-tier base metals producer, as said by the company's MD, John Banning (ex BHP, MLX, KZL). I'm pretty sure he knows a thing or two about mining (and no, he wasn't KZL management).

;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZINC (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.