ZINC 0.08% $2,575.9 zinc futures

That's because KZL wanted to be the next BHP, then the GFC hit,...

1. 5,527 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    That's because KZL wanted to be the next BHP, then the GFC hit, they were stacked with debt, zinc and other commodities went bust and Aussie dollar (on the back of the gold price) went past parity with the U.S. Call it a tsunami of bad timing or mismanagement.

Actually, the Mt Garnet site was the only bright spark agmonst their assets. They decided to pump in millions of dollars for exploration, even bought leases off Copper Strike for $16.5 million) but it was too late. ANZ called them in.

At the fire sale, a certain company was involved in raking over the coals and having first dibs at that plant and those leases. Now refurbished, they have financial control of an asset worth at replacement cost $100 million, an asset that is currently producing zinc, copper, lead and silver.

I'm sure you can connect the dots to know the one I'm talking about, and it's not RVR which picked up the KZL "seconds".

Hopefully, you'll hear about them soon enough - the newest mid-tier base metals producer in Australia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZINC (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.