What is the root cause of hate? Is this anything to do with...

1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

What is the root cause of hate? Is this anything to do with Religions? Or something else?

What about the Animals? Do they have understanding of “hate”?

The mirror test is a behavioural technique developed in 1970 by American psychologist Gordon Gallup Jr. as an attempt to determine whether an animal possesses the ability of visual self-recognition.

Most animals do not have a concept of what hate is. Emotions such as fear and aggression are inbuilt and arise because of a particular situation. However, we as human are experiencing events around us and that perception guide us into Hate, but is that really the case or our perception of the world has not yet been completed? (Just like the mirror test?)

Rumi says: “If in thirst you drink water from a cup, you see God in it. Those who are not in love with God will see only their own faces in it.” And “If I love myself, I love you. If I love you, I love myself.”

Once we refer this to the “Mirror test” then would that mean Rumi sees through his self-recognition in Cosmos mirror? Or was he hallucinated?!!

Hate is often fuelled by a sense of personal threat and the dehumanization of others. Propaganda that dehumanizes the “other” has negative psychological and societal impacts. Human brains are fundamentally changeable, which means that we can learn not to hate. We fear connecting because it requires us to reveal something about ourselves. We are taught to hate the enemy; meaning anyone different than us; which leaves little room for vulnerability and an exploration of hate through empathic discourse and understanding. In our current society, one is more ready to fight than to resolve conflict. Peace is seldom the option.”

But what can be done to change our mind sets?

Examine our past and present.

Shift our perspective.

Find Gratitude.

Give Empathy. ...

Be Patient. ...

Try Meditation. ...

Nelson Mandela once said:

“No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

Peace!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.