Hi MS, It is great to see you dismiss my arguments of cause that...

1. 1,177 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Hi MS, It is great to see you dismiss my arguments of cause that comes from a person that has made money off the raise of property most of his life at the expense of tax payers, of course you don't want anything to change, but my point is that the way that residential property is treated by the tax system is wedging people into a life of poverty, I'm sure you don't want that and neither do I but the fact is that the price of houses has left the ability of the average Australian unable to buy a house in his own country, its very pertinent, disgraceful really, I'm pointing out that the 2nd highest paid person in a restaurant behind the chef and they're included can not buy a house and everybody else on similar wages.

You are saying another tax would distort the tax system further, well get rid of all taxes on residential property except land tax, fair go MS, people like you have benefitted greatly over time with the way the tax system is, people have had enough, can the Politian's change the tax system so that everyone can have a house

If a land tax was was brought in on PPR on properties valued over 2 million (how would it work sliding scale perhaps) that would entice people who live in these houses to sell, hence pushing the priced down.

No more tax breaks for residential property.

So many trillion of dollars tide up in what is really a zombie business

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.