KAR 0.41% $1.84 karoon energy ltd

Opportunistic play ???…isn’t that the mkt and thank god they are...

1. 12,746 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 546
    Opportunistic play ???…isn’t that the mkt and thank god they are now going to hold the board to account.

I honestly don’t know how you could be happy with the boards performance, the Who Dat acquisition that is already underperforming, well the mkt thinks they paid too much, they have bought at the top of the oil cycle from a smart well run private company who definitely would not have given it away cheaply……I’ve not read one post or related article anywhere that has supported the price paid, nor do I believe the board has justified the price paid. Then we have the references to SH returns which reasonably raised shareholders expectations, given our profitability, but was nothing but another promise….just another carrot.

you say IF oil goes up, blah ,blah, blah well it’s already been up, if anything it is going down, if they can’t pay a div with oil over $80 then what does it take? You don’t pay for “if’s”…results from “if’s” are bonuses for being in the right place at the right time….because the strong base case has already been met.

The board clearly have a growth agenda which will line their pockets handsomely whilst not giving a shit about value creation for shareholders…. If Who Dat was such a great acquisition, then the SP should have jumped immediately, but instead we have production underperformance, increased debt, dilution, lower SP. increased risk, but oh yeah, we have great drilling potential for resource upgrades. Why should we give it time to come good? The mkt has not and will not until it is proven.

The Who Fat deal was nothing like the instant value creation of the Bauna deal done under the previous board….nothing.

I agree that a div should be announced immediately and that it should be proportionate, so that growth and replacement of reserves can take place. They already have the balance sheet, they just need to stop forcing growth at the expense of SH’s whilst lining their own pockets.

Last edited by stevo: 11/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.84
Change
0.008(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $1.468B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.81 $1.85 $1.79 $5.790M 3.192M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 117592 $1.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.85 133382 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.07pm 23/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.85
  Change
0.008 ( 0.74 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.80 $1.86 $1.79 797594
Last updated 14.24pm 23/05/2024 ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.