The data provided isn't very useful as it doesn't show the ages...

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    The data provided isn't very useful as it doesn't show the ages AND vaccination status AND cause of death / hospitalisation. It's a bit of a sensationalist presentation as it SEEMS to suggest that having three doses = higher deaths.

But, that's a bit dud analysis. We don't really know case numbers in total.

Likely, in my view, that someone unvaccinated is less likely to go to the hospital, and someone highly vaccinated more likely to.

Also, can we compare pre- vaccinated numbers? Not easily. The problem with that being that those likely to die from covid (as we can see from the chart, it's the old) have already died of it.

What we're seeing from these numbers is that, of hospitalised cases, 12% of the vaccinated die. Just a cursory glance at these since, as I mentioned, I can't control for age etc, but I would say that the number of vaccinations really makes no difference to death rate.

BUT, and heres the rub - THATS IN THIS VERY SMALL DATA SET. You can't really make a valid comparison to anything based on this. How many people are infected in the community with zero symptoms?

Also, and another very important point, theres a big difference between dying OF covid and dying WITH covid (in all of these groupings, they could be in the hospital for a broken arm).

Old people die more often than not. It's possible, for example, that you have old people dying of a fall that also have a positive covid test. You see?

So, 12% of the vaccinated die in hospital while returning a positive covid test.
    Covid is super infectious and 95% of people are vaccinated. Easy maths. Sorry to all vaccine conspiracy theorists but this dataset aint it.

Last edited by DanMachine: 20/07/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.