GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I don't think so, there could be an interest rate increase at...

1. 32,843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1365
    I don't think so, there could be an interest rate increase at any time, it doesn't have to be scheduled. I've just been doing a bit of research on oil and found this, good reading about the US economy. Goldbugs will disagree of course, the great crash they forecast hasn't happened, nor will it.
    =================

The U.S. economy and gasoline demand.

There is very little conjecture about the fact that the U.S. economy is doing well. GDP should grow in the U.S. between 3%-4% in 2015. The employment picture has been improving. Additionally, lower energy prices amount to a big tax cut for consumers. More money in the pockets of consumers will increase spending, flying and driving. Lower gasoline prices will not only increase driving, it may well increase demand for larger automobiles. Expect SUV sales to skyrocket given lower gas prices this year. It is funny how lower oil prices have taken the shine off electric cars and companies like Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) and put the luster back into gas-guzzlers. The bottom line is that lower gasoline will increase demand for the oil product as Americans hit the road during driving season. Increased demand will work off inventories and support prices in coming months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.