GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Millibuster I heard Blackrock is buying IO miners. There is a...

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Millibuster

I heard Blackrock is buying IO miners. There is a little blurb on the HC startup page about it.
    This is the expanded article.

I don't how reliable this is but Blackrock are fairly ruthless traders IMO.
    This may give some hope to base metal investors.

#####
    Tuesday March 24, 2015: Is global fund BlackRock calling the bottom for the iron ore price?

The highly-regarded investment giant has today emerged as a substantial shareholder in BHP, Rio Tinto and Mineral Resources with stakes of 5 per cent, 5.1 per cent and 7 per cent respectively.

Diary may well be accused of jumping to the obvious - and therefore the wrong - conclusion, but the common theme here appears to be iron ore.

Of course, we don't know how long BlackRock has been sitting quietly just under the 5 per cent substantial shareholder threshold in each case and therefore only relatively limited buying has been required to force its hand publicly.

Perhaps Evy Hambros, BlackRock's closely-watched manager of natural resources, will share his thoughts on these holdings, and therefore iron ore, in coming days.

Watch this space.

http://hotcopper.com.au/resources/blackrock-buying-iron-ore-miners.110/#.VReMycscS00

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.