Menta - I am sorry for your relative - it's heartbreaking to...

1. 17,953 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    Menta - I am sorry for your relative - it's heartbreaking to watch a healthy baby turn into someone you no longer recognise. As for my 'problem' - it is no longer relevant, but it poisoned my relationship with one daughter who lives overseas and who is into all sorts of alternative stuff, some of which is helping her now that she has cancer and some of which stopped her from getting early medical attention.

So I do have an open mind, but even though I have been immunised later at school, as a small child in wartime Austria I spent half a year in hospital with first just mumps, then another skin infection, eventually I was sent home and just weeks later I was back in hospital with diphtheria - I do not know in how many other ways this affected my future health (food wasn't the greatest either) - a few years later two bouts of rheumatic fever gave one doctor the bright idea to tell my mother that I was only going to have a short life, because my heart is affected - I am still here in my seventies, ticker is o.k., too. I also had a best friend in primary school who had a bad limp (childhood polio) and grew up to be beautiful, but always with that limp; a limp eventually incapacitates you further, involving numerous other body systems.

My daughter has a relative by marriage, wife is nurse, husband medical doctor, whose child apparently got ill after the multiple injection and turned out to be brain-damaged. Father says it's nothing to do with the vaccination, mother says, yes, it has to do with the vaccination. Now the child is 15 or 16 - but my daughter saw that first-hand, hence her decision not to immunise. Now I have a new dilemma, shall be visiting there after X-Mas, youngest grandchild is just on 15 and she needs to be told that she needs to protect herself from mumps (it can cause a blindness in a baby) - how to do that?

My other 2 granddaughters, here, have been told by me, whilst mother was casting evil-eye in my direction - but all o.k. - they know, that's all I want.

Yes doctors are not the bees-knees - like us, most of them do their best, but what I was really saying is we should put them through the wringer, ask the question there and then in the surgery and walk out if the answer is not satisfactory. If enough people would do that, we'd get better products.

Pertussis is another one which can kill a small child. The aluminum everyone is going on about is a different form of aluminum in the serum.

Look all we can do is get as much info as possible - I only weighed into this discussion because it had caused me so much heartache - I, personally, don't even have the flu injection, all my peers seem to be having (and sneezing and coughing despite having had the shot).
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.