lt always makes me laugh when a politician talks about the "...

1. 35,309 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    lt always makes me laugh when a politician talks about the " Australian way of life ".

Their world inside the Canberra bubble is so far away from reality it's not funny.. Just like when they make the obligatory visit to a country area wearing brand new RM Williams boots and an Akubra.

l really like France. And l really like the French . Especially the cranky ones that talk about " the French way ". ln some ways it is the difference that is the most interesting.

l could live in France tomorrow and be very happy about it. As l could in most of the countries in the world.

That's the awesome thing about traveling . You learn about new things. You have new experiences that you don't have at home. You learn about yourself .lt gives one a new refreshing perspective and l always feel 'reset ' when l get home after traveling .

The Australian way of life is changing as is life everywhere else . While people may fondly look back with their rose colored glasses on no one really wants to live in the past.

Dutton's " Australian way of life " .

50 years ago we Australians were punching on with each other if we ran into someone from another suburb or town.

40 years ago the ' skips ' were punching on with sons of the Europeans. Particularly ltalians and Greeks . Today, we can't get enough of their food and culture and we all travel to their home countries for holidays.

30 years ago we punching on with Asians . Today, we can't get enough of their food and culture . Who hasn't been to Bali , Singapore , Thailand , lndia Vietnam, Japan , China etc ?

My point is that the Australian way of life is changing every day. Muppets like the Spud are living in the past and desperately looking for an emotional response from the stupid and easily fooled.

So now we have Pinto pining for the past in some really lovely old French village. Wishing for the old days of little choice of food.

All while using modern technology to share his thoughts. Maybe that village should ban electricity and the internet so that it can become even more authentic ?

Nothing like a bit of irony. wink.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.