I can't negate a Creator in any of my models of understanding....

1. 6,519 Posts.
    I can't negate a Creator in any of my models of understanding. Now these words, God, Creator, etc, have a loaded meaning for most people. On the one side it conjurers images of a personal, anthropomorphic being who created everything in an almost instantaneous flurry as per Genesis. This God is unpalatable to people of science because of the overwhelming evidence unearthed regarding a clear modification or evolutionary state recorded in billions of years of fossil history.

On the other hand we have the science based, no God necessary understanding that from the most simple of creatures it is recorded and can be seen in the fossil record that a process of evolution has delivered every creature that has ever existed including us.

I come down somewhere in the middle. It is ridiculous to argue against such a staggering abundance of evidence for an evolution type process. On the other hand I do not accept for a second that chaos, or nature alone has any imperative to do a thing. Something drives nature for very specific outcomes.

So Creation and evolution to me are harmonious bedfellows. An instigating event occurred that is still unfolding. Creation followed by more Creation in the form of evolution.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.