the whereu dilemma, page-302

1. 27,277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "Look at this thread,you made points statements regarding the bible,that had zero evidence."

OK, if I did, I apologize. If I did, please provide a few examples so that I can either find the evidence, support what I said, or apologize specifically without an "if" qualification.

"Nope,just those who misrepresent a subject,the bible,with there own bias ,which is intellectually dishonest.
    Im no smarter than you,and being a teacher,of course you would actually be the one who is always right from my experience with teachers,i think that has more to do with it than anything."

That's rubbish. As a teacher I often apologized to students for getting things wrong and with my children and students always tried to avoid being seen as a know all. You are making statements without evidence - just what you accuse me of doing. I think that you are being intellectual dishonest in implying that it's either your way or the wrong way.

"Sorry,eugenics and survival of the fittest seems to be your thing,all based on what you love"

You accuse me of misrepresenting the concepts of Christianity. I understand your accusation because my understanding of Christianity is vastly different from yours. But I accuse you of misrepresenting my beliefs in evolution and its moral implications.

I (and others) have posted this frequently but I'll try again with a summary.

The theory of evolution is about those beings that possess the best attributes to reproduce most successfully and to pass these attributes onto future generations. Beings with these attributes tend to dominate.
    Some of these attributes result in beings able to dominate and secure food sources and other resources most successfully much like modern humans do.
    However there is another side to the attributes that beings possess and pass on because they too give the beings an advantage. The survival rate of individuals in groups in which individuals cooperate, show kindness, empathy etc is considerably enhanced.
    We have two sides to our natures - one is a cruel side; the other is a kind side.
    We should have sufficient intelligence to realize that enhancing our kind side is the best way to go. I am happy to report that this is exactly what the school attended by my grandchildren is doing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.