thermomix - 87 burns

1. 29,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    apart from the purchase burning a hole in ones pockets - it seems that the expensive bit of cookware, has been responsible for a few actual burns

Choice has told the ABC it is aware of 87 separate cases where Thermomix consumers have been burned. The ABC understands 18 of those required several weeks of treatment in hospital burns units..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...ts-87-thermomix-incidents-to-watchdog/7406096

Perth mum Danika Jones said she was using her Thermomix appliance to cook pasta sauce earlier this year when the lid flew off, spraying hot liquid all over her upper body.

"It was horrific. It's not something I want to experience again," Ms Jones said.

She soon discovered she was not the only Thermomix customer who had suffered injuries.

"Once I got to the hospital, I saw a physiotherapist and I saw another burns nurse and they had said to me I wasn't the first incident and wasn't the first person who had been burnt by the Thermomix," she said.
    Choice said the very nature of what the product did presented obvious dangers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.