This is Why Victoria is Stuffed

1. 11,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1268
    I nearly choked on my arvo cup of tea after doing some DIY tasks.

This is why Victoria is stuffed with taxpayers having to pay for this devisive shit.

Herald Sun 25th January 2024   4:44pm  Carly Douglas and Shannon Deery

The Allan government has been slammed over a “divisive” new campaign advising Victorians to “decolonise” their book lists this Australia Day.

The opposition have called for the CEO of government agency, Respect Victoria, to resign after the taxpayer-funded organisation launched an email campaign advising Victorians on how to “decolonise” their reading list this year.

In an email titled, “Decolonise your booklist this January 26”, the family violence prevention organisation asks subscribers to commit to reading books from Indigenous authors.

“The negative implications of colonisation continue to affect all of us, and one of the best ways to challenge racism, violence and discrimination is to take in what First Nations people – women especially – are saying,” it reads.

The campaign from the taxpayer-funded organisation calls on people to ‘decolonise’ their reading list. Picture: iStock

“With listening and learning comes greater empathy, solidarity and respect.”
    But Liberal MP Nick McGowan on Thursday said the campaign demonstrated “none of these qualities” and only pitted Victorians against each other.

“It is not the role of government agencies to be pitting one group of people against another. I know that in responding to this campaign, that is precisely what Respect Victoria seek, though I must,” he said.

“I cannot, in all good conscience, allow this kind of behaviour to slide.
    “I call upon the acting CEO of ‘Respect Victoria’ to resign today.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.